Few people fully realize how strenuous computer work is for our body and how large its impact on our physical and mental well-being is.
ergonomix is a personal ergonomic assistant which monitors our keyboard and mouse activity and helps us structure our computer use in a healthy and constructive manner, thus preventing computer-related injuries from developing.
The main applications for ergonomix are:
- To prevent repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and promote healthy and pain-free computing
- To aid the recovery from repetitive strain injuries
ergonomix achieves this by helping us re-structure our computer usage:
- It monitors user activity and suggests appropriate times for recovery and micro-breaks
- It provides a range of stretching exercises designed to relieve muscular tension and improve static posture
- It provides ergonomic information on how to use our computer in a healthy manner